What can we do to be more productive on a daily basis? What can we do to increase the odds of us having a great day? The answers below might surprise you. As a matter of fact my top 5 list is pretty similar to other’s from therapists, to psychologists, to nutritionists, to just about every expert in the field EXCEPT …..for our bosses and sales managers (apologies to the exceptions)
Ok, here we go
- Get 8 Hours of Sleep – According to the National Sleep Foundation, us adults need 7 – 8 hours sleep per night? Without enough sleep your appetite increases encouraging you to overeat. Plus those who slept less than 6 hours a night were 12% more likely to die young
- Exercise in the Morning – Most of us know the benefits of exercising, but what you may not know is its best to do so first thing in the morning? Why? Well, besides the physical benefits, it gives you a sense of accomplishment before you even start your work day. It also is the only time where everyone else is either sleeping or just waking up. So there are no emails, no calls. Lastly we get so busy during the day or we get so worn out that we just don’t find the energy to work out any other time consistently. Plus if we work out in the evening we are too wired to get to bed early. Which leads to …
- Wake Early, Bed Early – We are most productive early in the morning. Our bodies are regulated to wake early, especially as we get older. Harvard biologist Christoph Randler discovered in 2008 that early risers are more proactive. Randler’s research also revealed that “morning people” are more likely to anticipate problems and minimize them efficiently, which leads to more success in the business world.
- Avoid Big Lunches – Heavy lunches just make us sluggish and lazy. Foods like meat, bread and fried foods, digest slower and simply makes us tired. drinks like soda, or any other sugary drinks, might gives us a temporary energy boost, but ultimately make us gain weight, a lot of it. You want foods that gives us energy and make us feel good, like fruits, vegetables, salads etc. drink water, hot tea or if you must natural juices not from concentrate
- Take ‘ME’ Time – Take a break during the day. Take at least 30 minutes for yourself. If possible take a walk, close your door or at the very least go out for lunch. Use the time to unwind, relax and take a breather. Read a newspaper, a book or a magazine. Anything that will give you a mental breather from work. It is a proven way to sustain concentration and increase energy.
Now what do all the above have in common? They are not directly sales relate, they have nothing to do with specific sales tools. Now i’m not saying to ignore the ways to increase sales. Obviously I’m not since my posts are Power Sales. However the tips above will make you more productive and give you more energy and most of all make you feel good.
To see how these tips can help you transform your life download my e-book ‘Tale of Two Ricks‘ you’ll see the thought process I was going through and how challenging it was to finally eat healthy.